The IAM is urging the Senate to vote “YES” on the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act. This legislation will protect workers’ right to organize a union and bargain for higher wages and better benefits.
The PRO Act has passed in the House and is expected to be voted on shortly in the Senate. Please act now to implore your Senators to vote “YES” on the Pro Act.
TAKE ACTION: Tell your U. S. Senators to support the PRO Act
“The IAM membership celebrates the passage of the PRO Act in the House,” said IAM International President Robert Martinez Jr. “This historic legislation will provide workplace freedom and level the playing field. We must not let this pro-worker legislation whither on the vine. The IAM is calling on the Senate to put working families ahead of the corporate CEOs and wealthy corporations. The Senate should immediately take up and pass this reform legislation that reflects our American values such as freedom, equality, and fairness in the workplace.
“Our members in the aerospace, defense, airline, manufacturing, automotive, transit, and healthcare industries continue to help our nation push through the COVID-19 pandemic. The PRO Act will keep our workers safe and give them the workplace rights guaranteed in this legislation. The PRO Act strengthens protections for workers and offers workers improved legal protections on the job.”
The PRO Act would:
- Empower workers to exercise the freedom to organize and bargain.
- Repeal “right to work” laws.
- Ensure that workers can reach a first contract quickly after a union is recognized.
- End employers’ practice of punishing striking workers by hiring permanent replacements. Speaking up for labor rights is within every worker’s rights—and workers shouldn’t lose our jobs for it.
- Hold corporations accountable by strengthening the National Labor Relations Board and allowing it to penalize employers who retaliate against working people in support of the union or collective bargaining.
- Create pathways for workers to form unions, without fear, in newer industries like Big Tech.
WATCH: Pushing for the PRO Act
The post Tell the Senate to Pass the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act appeared first on IAMAW .